265 RS Monitor V1 Retrofit confusion

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by cossie1, Oct 22, 2022.

1. Hi 1st post here, but been around a while soaking up various pieces of info.

I have a 2013 RS265 with the nasty Carminate TomTom and I want to remove and retrofit the RS Monitor V1.

I have read loads of info about this (mainly on a french site), which suggests it's just a case of obtaining an RS Monitor and then swap it over with the tomtom screen, however some minor coding is required so that the clock can be set afterwards.

Naturally I have spoken to Stage-X, but they say this is not correct, they say that a wiring harness / loom is required, some pin swaps on the wiring and then coding afterwards, but when i've asked what this harness is for, they won't give me an answer and just say it's needed.

So I guess what I am asking is, has anyone on here done this retrofit on an RS265 (not sure if it's a difference on an RS250 with Tomtom and that is where the confusion comes in) and if so, did you need an additional wiring loom / harness and some wiring swaps or was it just plug and play and some minor coding to set the clock ?

2. Is that the monitor you got?

Attached Files:

3. sadly not, I have the older tomtom version