RS Convert

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Zaim, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Recently purchased a FF RS250 from another forum member:
    https://rsmegane.com/threads/ff-megane-rs250-cup-chassis-xenons-recaros-49k-miles-£9750.18110/

And absolutely love it.

Prior to the RS I had a Forester STi for three years, that I'd spent a bit of cash on keeping it up to spec and improving it slightly more. In the end running ~330bhp/~330lbft, for sale advert here:
    https://www.subaruforester.org/vbul...-2005-54-wr-blue-83k-miles-10-500-ono-789201/

Bought the car solely on all the great press I've read over the years, and bought the first one I looked at. Within a day of getting it I got the tracking done and replaced the gearknob for a shiny Trophy one. Have also purchased uprated engine mount and the bottom mount. Should get these fitted soon. Plus I want braided lines because the braking isn't up to what the FSTi had, there's a little bit of a pause before biting, new discs/pads prior to my purchase so a bleed and lines should improve this.

After this plans will be to get out on a track and get a remap up to ~300.

Further plans are to have a bush refresh, should do this sooner rather than later, and install an amplifier because it's my daily and sometimes I take calls while driving and can't hear.

Comments on it, it's much more involving than the FSTi which was very capable but a bit aloof in it's involvement. I also couldn't track the FSTi due to the cost of replacing damaged parts. Love the noise from the deresonated pipe and, unlike the FSTi, it's not a plant your foot and go machine, need to be gradual with my input. Also like the fact it's always up and ready to go, the FSTi needed winding up. As per one of my other forum comment, I didn't realise the Sport mode lossened up the ESP, the road wasn't/isn't the place to discover this, hence track day needs to be booked.

2. A few weeks ago I hit a deer on the motorway. Yes a deer. Laying down on the slip road to the M3 with a couple of friends. Thankfully it was a small deer and I hit it on the drivers side edge, which totalled the bumper on that side. Off to the insurers, repaired for my excess cost, I know I could have done it myself but not for the cost of excess and today it's back! It's back! I'm so happy.

3. hi and welcome, any photos of your cars