RS 300 Trophy

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by mrsixxxx, Feb 26, 2022.

1. I am currently scoping out prices ready for purchasing a trophy come October question is looking at auto trader I see a lot of low mileage cars under maybe 15k but with 3 or even 4 previous owners . Is there something I am missing or are they hard to get on with for everyday use ?

2. A friend of mine, does around 20 track days a year, and has not had any problems at all with his Trophy. He has never mentioned any comfort issues, it is a very reliable car.

3. Yeah not so much comfort as very track focused and harsh for normal road use , then again maybe a lot of people went out and bought during lockdown on an impulse buy with all the money they would have spent on other things

4. Some may have been a prereg. Then bought as above as a trinket during lockdown then potentially sold due to rising values or less use.

When I got my 275 at 2 years & 2k miles I was the 3rd owner. 1st was dealer and second died. Lucky I am keeping for a very long time but could have easily been a 3 owner 3 year old car.

5. Or maybe they bought then the GR yaris was released & realised there Meg was similar value.

6. Seems they have quite a few problems with the new DESS battery that's installed on them not holding charge and Renault not acknowledging there is a problem.