rs 265 oil type

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by shaunwest, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Anyone tell me what type of oil should be using to top my rs265 cup 2012 car, got some mobil 1 0-40 fully synthetic but not sure if this is the right oil ?

2. 5-40w

3. Fuchs or miller 5-40W fully synthetic

4. Either of which aren't Renault spec approved, something to keep in mind for warranty.

Elf, Shell and I believe Castrol are all approved.

5. I'd prob stick with the elf 5-40 aswel tbh

6. I use Shell Optimax ultra in my 265, 225 and 172 never been a problem. If it's good enough for Ferraris it's good enough for a Renault.

7. You need an RN710 Renault approved oil - at least from a "it's definitely warranty friendly" point of view.

I did some research on Australian sources which may give you a head start on brands etc available where you are
    http://excesstext.com/renaultsport-engine-oils/

8. As I've already done the AU oils page and database would you folks in UK/Europe like to help me do the same?

I'm about to do a check around on the AU products and it'd be easy to extend the DB to suit.

Naturally all the info will be maintained in a thread here as well as my blog site....

9. Doing a service on mine today ive gone with shell ultra 5w40 fully synthetic one of the best there is approved to RN710, it can't be too shabby if its the only oil ferrari's use And genuine oil filter just as I have warranty in mind.

10. I had a chat with the guys at Opie Oils about this recently as I wanted the very best oil for my 250 Cup, and as mentioned above, for warranty purposes a RN710 Renault approved oil must be used, any of those in the link below. Castrol Edge and Shell Helix were the two he singled out, the Castrol Edge in particular being a good step up from the Elf oil most dealers use.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-898-rn0710-oil.aspx

However, if I wanted the absolute very best for my engine then I should use an 'Ester' synthetic oil, Fuches Titan Race Pro 5W-40 was recommended. As my car is out of warranty now I am considering using this at the next service, several 250 owners using this have said their engines are noticeably quieter on start up now.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-68897-fuchs-titan-race-pro-s-5w-40-ester-synthetic-engine-oil.aspx

This oli doesn't have the RN710 approval, but is apparently an outstanding oil of superior quality, this text from the website....

'Fuchs Titan Race Pro S is an oil formulated for motorsport, track and high performance use. Fuchs have not therefore sought manufacturer approvals for road use, but this is an engine oil of outstanding quality and stability, exceeding the requirements of many industry and manufacturer standards.'

11. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I ran Fuchs Titan Pro in mine and have done since i got it.

Did run Millers Nanodrive for a bit but it really isn't the massive price tag IMO

12. Titan pro much cheaper?

I used to run it but I can't remover the price. I've since switched to Millers Nanodrive.

13. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I get it cheap, Although Nanodrive has dropped in price recently!

14. Thanks Jamie, looking at the prices on Opie Oils, there isn't actually much in it between the Millers and the Fuches, just a few pounds.....

Is the Millers much better?

Bradp95 likes this.