RS 250 standard suspension upgrade?

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Richard Mitchell, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Hi All, new to this so go easy on me! Proud owner of a RS250 sport, not cup. Keep looking to change but plenty of life in it yet and think improving the motor would be best. Don’t really need more power but how about the suspension? When pushing on, do feel it float over crests. Any ideas to improve on a reasonable budget of say £500 to £750? Ta.

2. Hi Richard and welcome

What are you going to be using your car for, as that will alter what is/will be suggested.
    Is it your only car ???
    Where about's are you in the country.

3. Thanks, I am in Yorkshire and have a great commute of B roads with some ups and downs. I do have other cars but would want to drive those often on these roads, would be a waste.

4. Maybe some cup shocks and springs might be an option, i do really like my BC coilovers, they can be a bit harsh on rough roads but it sticks, mine is set up for track use but i do drive it to and from track.

Tyres will also play a big part to the feel of the way the car feels.

5. Wellcome Richard!! Let us see some pics of that machine, please. About suspension, I agree with Ian, a cup shocks with a bit lower springs can be a good option for your ride. That is my set and very happy:wink:

ianplymouth likes this.
  6. Here’s a photo of it sitting forlornly on the drive ..... needs a clean too. Will take more when I give it a clean. Anyone had a remap? Not too far from RStuning so thinking about that too.

Attached Files:

7. Need a clean??:fearscream::fearscream: Please, don´t take a look on mine!!
    A remap, with decat and panel filter will be fine too. It don´t increase power a lot but the car will be more funny. And your fuel consume will be better too.