250 RS 250 exhaust trim

Discussion in 'Exterior & Bodywork' started by Ryan212, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Hello guys

This might be a boring first post but its the only thing that is annoying me with this amazing car haha.

The chrome trim is flaking badly. I've seen previous posts that people have painted them, bought carbon fibre or bought another chrome one.

I kinda like the idea of a carbon fibre one but i cannot find any company doing this as the company perviously mentioned was streamline carbon and i cannot find them anywhere.

Anyone know where i can get one? If not i'll just have to paint it because theres no point in getting the chrome one, it will just happen again.

Thanks

2. Just paint it :tongueout: no one will be able to tell it is carbon fibre once it gets dirty :tongueout:

3. There are countless companies skinning carbon over OEM parts nowadays, would that be an option?
    I am looking for proper paint to 'restore' the OEM chrome look, but that seems quite the challenge..

4. Use a chrome wrap?

5. I guess you could get it carbon dipped

6. You could do what I did and go buy a new one from Renault for a bargain £136 for a bit of chrome dipped plastic.

Then a week later it's black again lol

7. Sounds like the best thing would be to paint it then. I would paint it black, but part of me wants it white since I have a black RS lol.

8. I took my old one off - got rid of all the chrome - painted it red (cos I'm a bit of a middle aged chav)
    The paint ended up shit so I went and bought a new one

Probably still got my old one in the garage somewhere

9. DV8

DV8

If the OP doesn't want it i'd be interested in your old one (if you still have it).