RS 250 Anti pollution and check injectiors problem

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Tigz7441, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Evening all,

I was out last Sunday for a spin over to Wales. While overtaking a van I wound the revs right up to around 6500rmp
    The engine light and the messages came up.

I've done some digging around and a few people have had the same problem but no one seems to say what they did to fix the problem......

I've only had the car two weeks, so keen to sort it out. It does have a full stage 2 on a decat pipe, but with bluefin software.

Any help would be grateful cheers.

2. whats a stage 2?

3. The level of tuneing done, before I brought it.

4. Not to alarm you but Just becareful get the problem sorted out. Check your actuator.

i ignored this and it cost me an engine.

did you get the check injection error too

5. I'd get your fuelling checked for starters, I would never trust a map that comes in a box, get it on the dyno

6. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

But you failed to mention the water?

To the OP. Ditch the bluefin and get a proper map on it, the bluefin is not tuned for your mods so the fuelling will be off i would imagine.

7. Ovy

Ovy

Would the anti pollution code be caused by the decat not being mapped out or a sensor extension not fitted?

8. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Yep, Thats probably why, The map that they bluefin flashes is just a basic stage 1 and not a very good one at that.

9. Right, so the best thing to do from here is get the software removed and go to see rs tuning or is there someone as good in the Swindon area?

10. I'll let you know the out come of my diagnostic tests next weekend

11. Hi,

I get the same light warning on my RS250 now and then. I have a full Supersprint exhaust pipe and no lambda sensors extension in use and that's why it happens. I just clear the fault with a OBD reader :smile:

12. 4101b67bdfc16a17f937362c781837b4.jpg

Had some diagnostic done at the weekend. Any ideas on where to start??