Rough running Megane 225 through full rev range

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Paul Maidens, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Hi, Hope someone can help.

I have a cup 225 running a stage 1 map.
    For the past two months the car has been running rough through the entire rev range.
    At first I though it was the usual, coils, injectors, plugs. All these have been replaced with new ones but
    with no effect. Next I replaced the engine temp sensor, again no luck.

Two things that I have found out, if I reset the ECM (unplug battery 10 mins) the car runs smoothly
    again for a few days and then gradually goes back to being rough.
    Also if I have the engine temp sensor unplugged before a cold start the engine runs smoothly again.

This leads me to think it's fuel related and not ignition (have had one check injection light come on)

Could it be the thermostat? car not getting up to temp especially with this cold weather.
    Or maybe the fuel pump?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Paul

2. Have you checked for any fault codes? via Clip or torque pro or similar?

3. I used my own ODB2 as soon as the check injection light came on but there where no codes stored. My bluetooth adapter has packed in for my torque pro so I need to get a new one.
    A proper Renault clip might give me some codes.

4. please see attached image.

Can anyone tell me if my temp gauge is at the correct marker? this is my temp after a 20 min drive.

Attached Files:

5. That is where mine is,road,or track.

6. Mine too!

7. If it has had a remap, it will most likely be tuned for RON98 fuels. Are you using RON98 super unleaded, like shell V-Power?

8. Mine is exactly the same even after a blast it stays there

9. Yeah always ran on optimax/v-power. If the thermostat was stuck open and with outside temps around 0-2 degrees could that cause poor running?