Roof Wrap

Discussion in 'Megane Media' started by Smouse, Jan 25, 2014.

1. So I know this won't be to everyone's taste but hey, each to their own :tongueout:

Decided to see what my car would look like with a roof wrap out of pure curiosity. Quite like with the end result though and at worse I can always just peel it off!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Good effort but I personally think you need some more cf on your car to pull it off well each to there own at the end of the day though

3. You do it yourself if you did was it easy and how much was the sheet

been quoted £100 near me for gloss black

4. Noooooo! Do not like. :wink:On the plus side you've done a lovely job on it. Is it possible to get carbon wrap that has a lacquered effect as I reckon that would look better. Each to their own though:thumbup:

5. Apologies if I made this sound like id done it myself! Probably could have made that clearer. :worried:

Elite Vehicle Wraps did it me. £90. They said it was easy compared to other cars as the heat gun use is very little with the roof been so flat.

I don't know mate. I've seen wrapping kits that can give that look that but it's usually for smaller things like wing mirrors etc.

6. Why not, I think it looks good and as you say it's not permanent. Get the bonnet done next :wink:

7. Ideally I want an R26R bonnet but every time I look I sway back to wanting performance mods instead. :confused:

As Eggcakes said, that might make it look better but at the same time maybe OTT. All down to opinion really.

8. I'm trying my best to steer clear of cf as it's an expensive habit lol

9. im a carbon whore as my soon to be WIP will show

i think it looks good, get somthing on it to protect it ie Aerospace 303 vinyl n rubber care

10. Daz

Daz

Me no like.

11. CJ_RSport

CJ_RSport RSM Moderator

I cant say I dont like it as had my bonnet on an old 306 and it does look the part but maybe if you laquered it mite look more realistic. Ive done a few dashes and then laquered them and it look like the real deal.
    As for ease if you got some decent magnets to hold half straight while you peel back youll find the roof rather easy once aerial removed.

12. Never been a fan of carbon wrap/dip, but the real stuff is a winner!

13. CJ_RSport

CJ_RSport RSM Moderator

Are carbon roof skins available do you know Seb?

14. CJ_RSport

CJ_RSport RSM Moderator

Also Smouse I think bonnet mirrors and spoiler may look good also

15. Bonnet bullets diamonds handles mirrors and spoiler all in real cf would be ace

16. Not a clue tbh mate, you'd like to think they would be!

17. CJ_RSport

CJ_RSport RSM Moderator

I dont think id go that far with the real carbon unless I make history with my DCI but it would be lovely to see one with a lot of real carbon. Back in my 306 days there was a lad who had full carbon bonnet, boot, roof skin and even full doors was awesome

18. cheers mate. I'm not 100% I'm guna keep it but if I do I'll look into this!

That's a decent shout! Cheers

I like the mirrors as they are as they match the wheels but a few people now have started to say it'd look better with more cf. But like I said to Sparkie I'm not 100% about it. I think after a week with it I'm neither for or against it. It's just summat for a change. I think if I went for bonnet or mirrors they'd have to be real....... And obviously that'd be cheap :confused:

19. Lol yeah but real cf would be good ha ha