225 Reversing lights fault

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by barman58, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Have no reversing lights, bulbs are OK and assume the wiring, reversing switch and uch are OK as the Rear wiper works on Auto when fronts are on and reverse selected.

Any place to check for cable damage or is it possible to take the working feed from the Rear wiper to power the Lights (thinking of using LEDs which would lower the current draw significantly

2. I think you will find that there two switch's on the gearbox.

3. Ah that would be the best answer, any idea as to the location of the one for the Lights, I have a new switch here but did not change it as the wiper was working -

I have heard people say the the switch is accessible from under the Battery, [top of gearbox] and also from the Nearside (passenger), wheel arch, side of Gearbox] - Would those be the two different switches? If so any idea which is which and are they the same - although I have seen two different ones on RPD - I thought they were just alternates - Oh renault why can't you get even the simple things right lol

4. From memory you can get at both from under the battery tray, ones on top and the other is down the back, not sure which is which though, have the same problem with my Espace but can't be arsed to sort it atm :laughing:

5. I've got a bit of CBA syndrome - will probably tell my mechanic to change both

Just sent an email to Paul at RPD so see what they can provide - Advice and Prices

Ian Thanks - I owe you a beer