Retro Fit Lux Seats

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by Neil Mackay, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Hi All, I've got retro fitted lux leather in my Cup car. Has anyone actually ever got the heated element of the seats to work? The electric motors, memory etc for the drivers seat works fine but neither of the seats heat. Obviously there is power there, but no activation of the heat pads. I assume the loom will be the same for Lux as well as Cups, so is this likely to have to be activated by Clip? I've seen under the seats of a Lux car and they only use the main yellow loom seat connector and no apparent additional cables plugged in, and the fuses in the cabin fuse box all look present and correct. I've asked the local Renault dealer, who quite honestly is clueless (although the fact its retro fitted doesn't surprise me!) Anyone with any successful experience out there?

2. Probably needs a relay or control module or something else to be fitted too, had the same issue in my old scirocco.

3. Forgot to mention, its a Mark 3 250 so the wiring loom should be identical to the Lux. There is a relay already present under the passenger seat, but my guess is its not receiving a signal from the body control unit perhaps

4. Do the switches go through the canbus loom ? Might need uch reprogramming ?

5. I can only assume it goes via the Canbus. The only cable is the one under the seats with the yellow connector. All the power functions work so I think a reprogram is on the cards! May have to sweet talk the steeler down the road

6. And? How did the story end?

7. No joy so far im afraid!

8. Jev

Jev

Have you sorted the seats? Or still without heating? And what was the difference between lux and standard cup seats? Electric vs non electric? Cheers

9. No didn’t sort the issue I’m afraid! Looks like cups have a different unit controlling the internal bits to a lux car. Lux seats are leather and have power operation (which all works other than heat) cup seats are cloth and manual adjustment.

10. Jev

Jev

O
    Oh I see, I have got lux seats then. I have got driver seat with electric adjustment and manual for passenger, but both are leather. I was looking to swap with a guy with recaro seats. Was just wondering of how easy to swap them. Did it took you long?