265 Resonator (middle box) removed

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Superfly, Sep 29, 2017.

1. So I got the resonator removed today i.e. The middle box chop, replaced with straight pipe, took around 20mins and cost next to nothing R250 i.e. 14 pounds To be honest I was expecting more sound, in the car whilst driving it feels slightly louder and you get a few more pops when you come of acceleration, if in sport mode then you get quite a bit more pops without effort, little bit louder but not very loud from inside the car and driving, when the car is parked and reved it sounds pretty similar to before, however if in sport mode you get a lot more louder pops, I guess the car is well sound proofed

Aaron likes this.
  2. Problem is on modern cars and my 2008 megane r26 at least the back box is chambered and not straight through and thats where the sound and back pressure gets stopped. Change that and you will get ure desired noise change let me tell you !!

Aaron likes this.
  3. Thanks Mikey, yes the resonator is basically a straight pipe full of holes, which runs straight through a silencer type shell, so noise dissipates through the holes, I was surprised to see it setup like that, thought it would have baffles, hence very little noise difference, I had a Kia Koup which I removed rear silencer and it was way way to loud, was scared the meg would be the same, but will have a few rides to see if it gets louder, if not then I'm whipping that rear silencer out Thanks for feedback Mikey

Aaron likes this.
  4. Some feedback after a full day with the middle box removed, I am very happy with it, the noise has increased a little bit more, no droning at all, the main thing that it gives you, is pops and bangs, mostly burbling every single time you let the revs drop, and you sort of get used to where it will burble the most, then if you whack it you also get pops during quick change, all in all im very happy. It turns a few heads, and puts a smile on my face :-)

Aaron and Jimbob 2705 like this.
  5. 5 days later, loving it

Aaron and Gavin. like this.