replacing standard recirc valve

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Stuieuieuieo, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Hi guys
    just bought an R26 and it has a baileys dump valve and i think it's leaking on boost as i'm getting a high pitched squeal when i boot it and i know they've got a little bit of a reputation for leaking
    i was just wondering if i was to put the standard recirc valve back in what bits would i need? as the baileys dump valve was on the car when i got it

Cheers

Stuie

2. Re circulation valve if the car has a blanking plate ( the DV can be run with and without removing the OEM recirc ) and the pipe to replace the t- piece or just blank it off and probably some vacuum hosing.

3. not much then, it has the blank i might just replace it with another dump valve though now

4. You can just blank the T-piece off where the DV sits and that'll be fine. Nice chattering noise too :wink:

5. and then bits of turbo all over the road when it shits itself? :tongueout:

6. Mine has an hks bov but the noise is getting on my nerves so I'm changing it for a recirc valve. Not the standard one though I'm keeping it on the cold side.

7. I'm sure I've still got a standard 250 recirc valve if your interested?

8. Ovy

Ovy

this is actually not true td04 is a very strong turbo no problem with compressor surge, in my Subaru days we ran td04h single scrolls upto 1.55 bar with blanked d/v's no problem, If it did shit itself it would be over boosting or seals failed and would prob be a piece of vain into your engine not the road.

9. i've got a mate that's offering me another dump valve, might try a recirc valve though that's not standard and that's actually quite tempting then

10. Do some research, many people on here running stage one and above with no valve, not a problem with these cars.

11. it's still not gonna help the turbo in the long run is it though

12. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Ignore what you read on the internet, I have had a blanking plate on mine for about 2 years, Running 1.6 bar boost for most of it. Turbo hasn't shat itself or damaged itself in anyway.

I'll be running the same blanking plate with no DV/Recirc when the hybrid gets fitted as well.

13. you realise you posted that on the internet? :tongueout: i'll be honest i'm getting more and more tempted to just blank it off by the day, how do i stop it working?

14. Ovy

Ovy

how is it on the megane Jamie throttle wise any jerk? Also what air filter you running with surge?

15. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Injen long CAI with a larger cone filter. Chatters like a good un, didn't notice any extra lag or jerkyness when I fitted it either

16. Have you got a video Of the chatter?

After reading all this I might just take my bov off.

17. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

There's one on my YouTube channel when I had the smaller filter.

YouTube.com/zsjamie

18. Iconic turbo cars of the 80s and early 90s never had any type of pressure release valve and operated just fine. You'll find in smaller boosted cars such as the megane the recirc valve is in place to prevent the 'undesirable' noise of compressor surge.

19. so how do i go about blocking the dump valve off until i can buy the pipe to replace it?