265 Replace Fuel Filter

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by bobsan, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Easy enough job for diy, simply press the two green connectors (one at time) and pull the fuel line off, might need to clean them up there's an amount of underseal in this area stopped them from being easy push.

Slide the old filter out of housing, there's no clips or screws to undo apart from a simple flip catch at top of housing, then slide the new filter in (fuel flow arrows point to rear of vehicle) and click the flip catch again then reconnect the lines. If you've fitted the filter the wrong way round the flip catch wont connect to housing.

I fitted a MANN filter part number WK6002, start engine and check for leaks.

I cut open the old filter at 28,000 and although only ever use Shell V Power, can see discolouration of the element and was a good time to replace it. fuel filter_meg.jpg

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  2. if you're like me and have bad joints in your fingers, you can disassemble the green quick release clips and just slide the fitting off. Reassemble the fitting before fitting new filter

3. Careful though. I broke one of mine thinking that's how they actually came off. I had to buy a new fitting.

Luckily I was fixing a leak on the nylon pipe so I've now got about 4" of rubber fuel line in its place, else it's a proper pita to refit nylon pipe to barb fittings.

Changed the fuel filter whilst I was at it. Pretty simple. I cut it up and it was proper filthy. That's after 40k miles. Do they get changed at any of the dealer services?