Repeat offender

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Azza, May 6, 2020.

1. Fords left a bad taste in my mouth id rather have a vauxhall:fearscream: sd1 or p6 both cool as penguin piss an drive home from the pub :fearscream: my old man sent me this pic didnt think it was real

Attached Files:

2. Fords left a bad taste in my mouth id rather have a vauxhall:fearscream: sd1 or p6 both cool as penguin piss an drive home from the pub :fearscream: my old man sent me this pic didnt think it was real

3. I know what you mean, my 225 dropped a valve at Spa and virtually destroyed the engine.

Thats why i go to EFI now, RS mapped mine, told me it was 320hp felt quicker than when i took it up, but wasn't that exciting, Chris worked his magic and it was night and day.

Mind you my standard 265 out dragged a MK4 300 trophy at Bedford :laughing:

4. Only had one Ford a mk4 2.0 Cortina, only one Vauxhall, a brand new mk2 Astra GTE, got to be the biggest heap of shite i have ever owned and i have owned some iffy cars.

Had one Peugeot, a new 205 Stdt kept that 2 months, one Citroen ZX Volcane, really liked this one, had passive rear wheel steering and went like stink, as fast as an Xr3i :laughing::laughing:

Love that, 5 pints :sunglasses:

Azza likes this.
  5. The lad i raced had my mate in his car i was on shit tyres too he was livid, so much so he broke his car for parts :fearscream: as rs couldnt make it quicker then not long after he put a 400bhp r26 on fb with returnless fuel system with walbro 255 but it wasnt possible months earlier :angry: bollocks we've seen his maps an there well held back to make more money on stage 17.5:angry:

6. Zx volcane :hearteyes: what a beast had an ax gt for 3 months till it blew up :disappointed: had all the pugs 205's 309's all the vauxhalls even had a mazda 323 bf turbo then 323 bg gtr both mega money now :disappointed: then i went renault an never looked back almost :tearsofjoy: this was my ashtray gte somebody welded the n/s bottom arm :fearscream: pikey fuckers

Attached Files:

7. Chris did mine and he said take it up the road before you pay, only did 300mtrs turned around and paid the guy, was so so much nicer to drive.
    It pulled from 2k right through to the red line and beyond

I wont ever go back there

8. Brand new gte you flash bastard :sunglasses: although engine early 20xe coscast lump is epic a mate of mine has one making 230bhp on bodies in a classic rally manta but 150bhp in a bogo ashtray with gte stickers which is all it was is too much from experience :tearsofjoy:

9. Same as the one i had, i had the limited edition metallic brown one, then every one i saw after was the same colour in:rage::rage:

The Zx was wicked, ragged it all the way back from Filey in 3 1/2 hrs might have been less and it still averaged over 40mpg :laughing:

10. First new car i ever owned

Had problems with it from day 2, washed it and the paint came off of the bonnet :dizzy:
    should have binned it there but it was fault after fault and excuse after excuse, until i got in touch with the finance company and they took it back, lost £5k in 5 months, never again

11. Ive heard much the same pal people go because of the hype an back in the day megs were rated at 350lbs of torque then a few blew up at the hand of rs an it was renaults fault poor build quality yet my last r26 was running 320lbs without fault when i got it we had to bench map as it was locked by rs an it made 262bhp at 10afr at wot with a cat so prob richer than that did 18mpg was terrible to drive with supporting mods an proper map it made 292/320 an loved it an i drove it as intended:sunglasses:

12. When Chris ran mine before he mapped it, he wouldn't run it hard as it was running so lean he didn't want it to seize up.

My mk2 was running 320hp and 360ftlb of torque, Chris recons i was supplied the wrong pistons as he thought the compression was to high, was lacking in about 8 degrees advance timing, ohh yes RS supplied the rods and pistons :rage:

13. Wow first car thats pretty epic pal :sunglasses: my mg maestro was cheaper to insure than a mini as i was in an mg owners club :wink: plus was in the army on a locked camp mini was my second car when the maestro blew up :disappointed::tearsofjoy:then the ax gt then pugs then vaux it went downhill after the mini tbh, xr3i 1.8 16v off my uncle for 300 notes 3 grand a year to insure :fearscream: utter shite then mazda turbos the list is long an low quality but fun all the same my dads fault :tearsofjoy:

14. First new car.
    Had a few cars before that, i traded my Fiat Uno Turbo in for the Astra, the Astra wasn't a patch on the Uno.

My SD1 was £278 a year to insure and my CX500 was £279, my Uno was cheap to insure as well, just had the renewal for my SL55 fully comp £216 :blush: the Megane is nearly £400 :rage:

15. Not good pal although i got pistons an rods off rs but got no paperwork for gapping rings so i called but he wouldnt help even tho i spent 900 quid with him i only got his secretary. engine dynamics had a deal on at the time same as his but i never knew this but got valve springs from them an they gave me a rough estimate for my mods an were very helpfull

16. I have spoken to Edd at ED in the past, also a nice guy, i have bought stuff from him before as well, did ask him to map my 225 but he said he would prefer no too, at least he was honest.

17. Ktec are using RS maps now, so another one to avoid.

18. Mine has gone from 69 per month for the rangie to 22 per month for the meg cant beat that as the rangie is just a status symbol an the meg is a blast the closest i came to an uno turbo was a mk1 punto turbo off an army buddy of mine what a shitbox, it was a typical squaddie motor but way worse x10 the engine was almost out of the car standard punto fault plus no straight panels at all straight swap for my nova gte dodged a bullet i reckon

19. All over that pal jay is well in the know on the mapping scene there is only a few who write there own for any vehicle vags are the worst an the main man in that game blows up golf r's for laughs an cant be blamed sounds like another tuner i know but point the finger an youll loose your maps i guess

20. :laughing::laughing::laughing:
    I liked the Punto gt but trying to find a decent one now would be a mine field, my Mrs nearly bought one, but the sales man pissed her off so she walked :laughing::laughing:

I really can't work out why the Mercedes is so cheap on the insurance, it's group 50 and i only have three years no claims on it as well :openmouth:

Had a brand new Discovery once ( well the ex did) she then said it was too big for her a nicked my Uno turbo :cry::cry:

21. Well RS maps were originally Ktec maps years ago, RS took them on and SUPPOSEDLY enhanced them.

We have a company down here that remap, but i will no way use them, Golf diesel (140hp) goes in for a map and comes out with 90hp, couldn't even put it back to standard power

22. My mates got a punto gt, which he’s looking to probably sell shortly if you still want one :wink:

23. Thinks i will pass on that one thanks, already have 3 cars and the use of the Mrs car, i do like Fiats though if i did it would be a Coupe turbo.

25. Don't apologise for working :laughing::laughing: good that you can still work, someone has to keep me in cider :sunglasses:

If it's rough it could be a plug or coil, but also could be dmf, if it was a mk3 then i would have said the gearbox mount bolt, but the mk2's never had the problem, the stiff gear lever and non centring is going to be the bush in the mechanism on the top of the gearbox, easy ish job to do, steel pin in a plastic bush in an aluminium housing, what could go wrong :cry::cry:.

If it's under warranty get them to sort it, no point you spending to get it fixed, that money could be used for mod bits :laughing::laughing::laughing:

26. Exactly what i thought spoke to the bloke an hes a sound fella tbh dont worry mr evans ill get it collected an fixed very reasuring so its going back today :sunglasses: ill keep you posted pal

ianplymouth likes this.
  27. Wow, a car dealer that wants to sort out problems, you have to keep us up to date on how it goes, you might have found the only one thats honest :laughing::laughing::laughing:

28. Car is going back tomorrow an a courtesy car is being dropped off looking good so far ive told him what i think the issue is an he didnt flinch just said no worries we'll sort it most dealers would wince at the thought of replacing clutch an flywheel this guy seemed happy i suppose time will tell

29. I really hope he comes through for you

Azza likes this.
  30. The car is with the garage who do all the work for staffs autos, an what a place loads of high end german motors on site as hes a german car guru all uniformed staff, clean garage an the boss seemed knowledgeable what more could you ask. I told him my issues an he said no worries ill call you when its sorted an i left in a mint 56 plate vw polo courtesy car all seems good so far :blush:

31. Thank you very much for the support pal, i hope he comes through too cos ive driven the car now an its really nice, its still razor sharp even with odd tyres on and apart from the vibration from the dmf no nasty knocks or noises either so its a keeper hopefully

32. Update on the new meg ian, on tuesday of next week the garage is fitting an r26r solid flywheel an clutch they were having trouble finding oem parts at a decent price due to the deadly virus an people not being in work so i spoke to pure motorsport an they sorted the whole lot an its bought an fitted under warranty :sunglasses: also this is not the start of mods on this "staying standard vehicle" its more for the flywheel just lasting longer :grinning:

33. That's great news, the mods have started, i never had any problems with mine, but some say the engine management light come on, so a remap will be on the cards if this happens, :laughing::laughing::laughing:

34. My red one the light came on every now an again due to the flywheel never made any difference though i cant wait to drive it again an see if it feels any different over stock. its actually worked out quite well as a good stage 1 map from my mate will eat a well used stock clutch in no time so i dont have that worry now :sunglasses: bollocks to it let the mods begin:tearsofjoy:

Poppaboost and ianplymouth like this.