Renaultsport Clio 197 Megane engined - Recaros, Milltek etc.

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by hepp997, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Can't seem to upload pics on the forum, they can be found here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmbpBaQg

For sale my Megane powered Clio 197. Owned for 4 years, and enthusiast owned previously. This is a mint, fast road car with a massive spec. Will happily do 35mpg on the motorway if you’re steady. Insurance is cheap too; I’m 25 and it’s £500 a year with Adrian Flux, all mods declared.

Full service history up until the engine swap in 2017. Since then it’s been maintained by myself, it’s covered around 10,000 miles with the new engine and 3 services in that time. The Megane running gear was all on 61k miles when fitted, I’m still in touch with the previous owner who can vouch for it. Shell is on around 115k. Everything works, mechanically and electrically, and no faults on the dash at all (other than EML occasionally due to the decat - every meg swap will have this and can be mapped out). Aircon has been retained so unlike most of these conversions you can actually use the car day to day in the Summer. The car is running standard 225 power (about 230bhp with a decat) just to maintain longevity of the engine. It’s flipping fast enough but a remap alone will see 270bhp quite easily.

Suspension & brakes completely stripped and refreshed all within the last 2 years. Pretty much new or upgraded everything; bottom ball joints, shocks, H&R springs, adjustable drop links, top mounts, 200 cup steering rack (more responsive), fully rebuilt front brakes. Wheels resprayed and wrapped in Pilot Sport 4s. I don’t think there is a suspension component which hasn’t been replaced or upgraded.

Drives fantastic, no knocks or bangs and won’t need anything for a while now. Recent MOT with zero advisories. This is my daily car and never done a track day, however it doesn’t get used much.

Body work is in very good condition. However it is a 12 year old car now, so the front has a few stone chips as you’d expect, and a little lacquer peel. There’s the odd little ding here and there but in general it’s been taken care of. Machine polished once a year and waxed regularly. If you were being picky the wheels could do with a bit of touching up, but no curbing. Interior wise it’s very clean indeed, Recaros are in excellent condition other than a small patch of wear on the drivers bolster.

ENGINE, TURBO & GEARBOX:

Engine conversion done at 104k miles, clock now showing 115k as of 10/04/19. Engine has had 3 services since then (oil, filter, plugs x1).

Megane 225 engine and gearbox on 61k ‪10/17‬
    New cambelt, aux belt, water pump and ‪cam seals 23/09‬/2017,
    New Renault clutch kit and recent DMF replacement
    ECU done @ EFI
    Injectors cleaned @ EFI
    Engine Dynamics short shifter
    All new driveshaft boots
    Properfekt Recirc valve
    Zircotec heat shielding
    Full Powerflex kit (all engine mounts, ARB & wishbones)
    Toyo decat downpipe
    Odyssey PC680 Race battery
    Uprated Walbro in-tank fuel pump
    Direnza 60mm intercooler
    Ramair filter
    Dacia Sandero coolant tank, carbon fibre bracket
    Engine Dynamics low temp thermostat
    Brand new alternator
    Recon AC condensor with new bearings
    AC regassed and working perfectly

EXHAUST

Toyosport decat downpipe
    Miltek resonated catback

BRAKES & SUSPENSION

Full suspension rebuild/refresh done Summer 2017;

New front OE shocks and H&R springs
    New OE top mounts
    Refurbished Brembo calipers
    New Rear caliper
    New 200 cup steering rack (new Track Focus nylon bush)
    New Lower ball joints
    New Anti rotation links
    New adjustable drop links (reduces bounciness of H&R springs)
    Mtec J-Hook front discs
    New OE rear discs
    Mintex M1144 front pads
    Michelin Pilot Sport 4 all round
    Full tracking done recently

INTERIOR & BODYWORK

Cup spoiler
    Clio 200 Recaro CS seats (wear on drivers bolster)
    Rear boot mat (seats removed - will be included in sale)
    RS gear knob
    Alcantara gear gaitor
    Steering wheel retrim @ Royal Steering Wheels
    Trim resprayed in anthracite
    Android flip out head unit with reverse camera, Spotify etc
    Projector Headlights
    Full 3M machine polish 15/05/18

The car is located in West Yorkshire. I’m in no rush to sell this, so don’t message me with ‘3k cash tonite bruv’ because you’re wasting your time. Come and have a look at the car before making offers. If you are interested you can ring me on 07891160714. Thanks

£7k ono no PX.

OR

£6200 with normal 197 seats (no Recaros).