275 Renaultsport 275 Trophy Door Lights

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by Kev_RS275, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Hi,

I'm currently the owner of a 2015 Renaultsport 275 Trophy & I'm wondering if someone can help with a couple of enquiries.

Currently my door lights (Puddle lights/courtesy lights), well the passenger side one seems to face/shine towards the front of the car & my driver's one seems to face/shine towards the rear of the car. Is that correct for the car? I'd have thought both lights would face/shine in the same direction no?

In addition to this, I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what LED I'd need for the glovebox as it's the only interior light that is not LED. The handbook just says C5W but I'm wondering if there is a specific size or will any LED C5W fit?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice on this matter.

2. From memory its a 39mm C5W for the glovebox.

The door lights shouldn't be directional, they should just light up in all directions the same as the interior lights, but if you've upgraded them all to LEDs (or the previous owner has) it depends on what LEDs were installed since there's many different styles that fit the 501 type bulb socket. Could be that the bulbs in there at the moment are directional and not suitable for their current use.

3. Hopefully as you can see, my driver side light is shining opposite to the passenger side (The photo where the Renaultsport floor can be seen).

Having been out & checked, the bulb holders only fit in the door card the one way so I guess I'll have to live with it. Looking through the paperwork, the LEDs used were Osram ones.

Thanks for the advice RE - glovebox light being a 39mm festoon. Issue will be the best way of getting the bulb holder out Vulcan3.

IMG20210707211644~2.jpg IMG20210707211658.jpg