Renault Megane 2015 265 Remap worth it

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Hot hatch Nthuisiast, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Hey guys, I'm getting the above car soon and wanted to know if getting a remap to take the car to roughly 280bhp is worth it? Does it spoil any of the driving dynamics? Has anyone noticed a degradation of any parts due to this? Also, is a short shifter a good idea? I know french cars have very long throws having had several of them.

Cheers

2. A remap can make it more drivable. For me, a short shifter is worth every penny, particularly for track use.

Hot hatch Nthuisiast likes this.
  3. Tons of threads on this. A proper remap on these cars makes a great difference. The normal places are EFI or RS tuning, im sure there are others but these guys are the pros apparently :smile:.

I would also say that a short shifter (ive got the ktec one but i think the cheap mod is easier to do, costs less. check out youtube) and Zero point one extended shifter made a nice difference and compliment each other nicely.

Removing the foam from inside the airbox and replacing filter with a panel filter gives you some nice subtle noises. takes 2 seconds to do this.

Also from an exhaust point of view a mid section delete pipe which are also very cheap and can be fitted cheaply or DIY will give you a nicer exhaust note and a couple of pops.

enjoy

4. as above,firms like efi and RS Tuning are absolute experts on these cars,with many years of experience in tuning them.
    the difference will be night and day.
    my own car was tuned by Rs tuning well over 10 years ago.Still running fine.

5. thanks a lot mate, very helpful, I did search beforehand but it didn't bring much back, mostly for 275s. I'll prob do all of this but not myself as I'm not very good at any diy lol. Cant wait to get it, its a beautiful grey metallic which is quite rare i think.

6. Thanks Man :smile:

7. Car drives much better with the map. I've got it set to the TC button so have a before and after comparison if you're near Worcestershire and want to see

8. cheers mate, I'm just outside Glasgow but appreciate it. Looks like I will be getting all of the above. Is there a good facebook group for our cars? I had a look and there's just a standard renault sport but doesn't look like there's a big community.

9. yep..theres a few on facebook..better supported than this site.Years ago we had dozens of people on here,and its predecessor meganesport.net.But its pretty much all moved to facebook pages..

10. More power is always a plus. This forum has a lot of old helpful threads. I find cliosport is very helpful as well with general Renault queries and is the most active forum I use. Don’t use Facebook but it’s got a lot of helpful groups.