Renault in VWesq. emissions raids

Discussion in 'General Automotive & Motorsport Media' started by Xanda73, Jan 14, 2016.

1. caymanr26

caymanr26 Events Liason

went back up before close - closed 9% down

2. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

You have to be a bit naive if you think that only VW were/are at it.....

3. Apparently they haven't found anything untoward, but vag group can't be the only ones!

4. caymanr26

caymanr26 Events Liason

dont see why not - if they developed the scamming software etc themselves then quite feesable wuld just be them, would of thought others would have been found quite easily after spotting what the VW's do in test mode

5. I agree.

VW took a massive risk with this policy and it's now backfiring on them. I can easily see how other companies might consider it and rule it out as too risky though.

6. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

I saw this earlier on... watch my dpf less remapped 175 need a 'software upgrade' lol.

7. I hate diesel cars too they fucking stink. Actually annoys me that vag did this. I read on the news the Renault have been ok and nothing found so far? If so good on them. Well done for being Honest!

8. Attended a guest lecture from lead engineer at penso (made the jag that's in latest bond film plus some other stuff)
    And he admitted its something all companies look at is ways to cheat new environmental laws,
    he admitted they looked at similar things to meet jags requirements when they built that car
    so wouldn't be suprised if other get caught out..