Renault dealers always pathetic???

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by RsMarley, Oct 1, 2020.

1. So i deal with seamens renault, port elizabeth, eastern cape, in south africa.
    When i place order for parts first its a two week wait for them to be posted they dont keep stock it seems. When it arrives its wrong despite providing vin numbers etc.
    The latest f***k up is they supplied me two right hand side tie rod ends...
    Ive had multiple issues like this long waiting, over priced and wrong items.
    Pls share ure experiances with your local dealer.
    Ide love to know if this is just our dealer thats usless.
    Thanks
    James

Attached Files:

2. yer that's not good, here in UK parts delivery is usually very good with minimum errors that's for genuine reno parts from likes of Endon so that allcarpartsfast and renaultgenuineparts there's also renaultpartsdirect

sadly aftersales service from reno themselves is not what could be and v expensive, typically those who can seek good quality independent outlets for service and parts. Have you tried AutoDoc in Germany ?

3. Got to say Renault (mail order) also supplied me with 2 track rods for the same side rather than a pair - give them their due though they shipped out a replacement and arranged collection of the duplicate item pretty pronto.

4. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

renault Wolverhampton is all ways good any they can ship worldwide

RsMarley likes this.
  5. bought all my droplinks and arms from autodoc..droplinks are OEM manufacturer to at a fraction of the price of main dealers.

6. Same pretty much everything from onlinecarparts, autodoc or motordoctor which are all same German company

7. interestingly though ..the drop links and roll bar links are not the same in appearance to oem TRW items.
    Infact the autodoc trw units had thicker shafts than the oem items.
    It has been said that motorfactors parts are not the same quality as oem..but only time will tell with these.

8. Just looking for example track-rod ends alone on Autodoc site, there are 24 different brand names all selling same item and are priced over a large range

9. I always use moto-dynamic in Poland for parts like that, all genuine Renault and cheaper than I could get them anywhere in this country.

10. So still waiting for tie rod ends. They never over night it for me from joburg. So might come by wednesday next week only fml.
    From reading on here i think i need a new thermostat but ill rather dig my eye balls out with a fork than go to seamans renault again here.
    Is this the same thermostat? The description says renault and nissan so not sure. Screenshot_20201004_110353_com.android.chrome.jpg

From the pics on e bay it looks exactly the same

11. Thermostats all look same for cars does say for Megane? Also to note it’s dead easy put theses in wrong way round so make note when removing old part