250 "Removing" standard front seats

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by GrumpyTwig, Aug 27, 2013.

1. On the 250 there's a small rubber stopper for the belt buckle between arm rest and seat, it's fallen out of its hole (actually my fault) and I can't for the life of me get it back in with the seat in the car.

Has anyone either removed or had to lean their standard (electric) seats out of the car to access anything or know if it's very easy to do?

2. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

4 bolts

3. Ta, hopefully it's that simple when I try it!

4. It's 4 large torx though, dead easy, just be careful with the wires underneath as the clips are thin plastic. They're easy to break if you try to undo them too.

5. Just in case someone searches for this.

6 bolts hold the seat to the rail, you need a 13mm spanner. You need to raise the seat as high as it go first.

There are 2 connectors to the main motor you need to remove at the front. There's also a small black box at the rear on the left you need to just pop off a metal tab. If removing the seat completely there are more gubbins you need to unclip.

Removing the headrest helps if you're just leaning it out the door a bit.

If you have the same issue as I did, one of the small rubber stops for the buckle falling out (read pulled :-D) some wd40 on its nib really helps it go back in.