Removing head unit/subwoofer MK3

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by MrTurner, Nov 19, 2013.

1. How do you get the head unit out on a MK3?

Are there any preouts for a sub? I'd usually be banging on about swapping for 6x9's to save hassle but the upgraded stereo is actually pretty decent! Just lacks bass..

2. No preouts, will need a high to low output converter and come of a pair of speakers

3. And how do you get in behind it?

4. i think you need to remove the glovebox, carbon lookng trim to get to screws etc to get the fascia off around the stereo.

you changing the head unit or just want to fit a sub? easier way would be to either remove the rear panels and come off the rear speakers, or see if you can see the speaker cables go under the panel to the speakers under the rear bench,

5. That's what I was thinking. Coming off the rears might be better, but don't want to snip factory wiring so will do something with those plug adaptors.

6. You upgrading any of the speakers, you can get loom to spade adapters to fit after market speakers, pretty sure there not any for the megane 3 but heard there the same a dacia duster speakers and you can get adapters for them, then just splice into them.

7. I'll have to pop them out and take a look. I can't see why they'd change the loom and plug so might just fit the adaptor, splice that wire and run a pair to the sub and a pair back to a replacement speaker.

8. Yeh they changed them from the mk2 to mk3, people have tried to fit the pioneer direct replacement speaker set and the door speakers plug is different, but there the same as in the dacia duster from what im told.

9. WTF, that's stupid! But a challenge all the same..

10. 4ytanunu.jpg
    You're right! Plug converters are available from eBay easy enough, but as I've seen elsewhere the speakers are riveted in. What a pain!!

Now I'm not sure if I want to splice into the wires and leave the speakers as they are, or drill the speakers out and save the wires.

11. Yep those are the one ive heard the megane use, dacia being renault owed its a good chance