removing air box?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by andypower, Feb 2, 2016.

1. I'm having a bit of bother removing the air box. Took air pipe off of turbo fine. Took air filter out no problem but the other piece it slots into is giving me grief.

Is their a easy way?

2. You need to remove the battery, battery tray and ecu to get the whole air box out. Should be easy to remove after that.

3. I'll leave it then thanks

4. Give it a go mate, it sounds a lot more daunting than it actually is. In reality it's a pretty simple job.

5. It's really not that difficult, I'm a noob and I did it! Only pig was taking the battery tray out as the screw heads had corroded so had to be drilled out and replaced. ECU is just a plug in jobby. There's probably a guide somewhere. I did it to get to my gearbox bushes so google that and it'll give you some help!

6. Thanks for the replays lads. Ill probably give it a go , it's off the road at the moment through a few other issues so might have a crack .

Boon question then. Better to take live first then neutral off?

7. I've done it a few times for various jobs takes about 5 mins mate. Take battery off by taking live off first then disconnect ecu then battery tray