Remote tuning

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Flash rs, May 13, 2018.

1. Ok so I've been looking at remote mapping and heard/seen mixed reviews about these companies.

Ktr renflash @474
    Rs tuning @594
    Fast chip @346

And they all read exactly the same only difference been price. Anyone used any of these.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Any reason you can not take it and have it done properly on rolling road?

3. Not really no apart from rs tuning been a bit of a drive when I work 12 out of 14 days. And I just like the idea of it

4. £600 for RS Tuning is ridiculous!
    Had mine mapped on there rollers..literally 30 mins work.
    I had mine done on a group buy..eases the cost a bit.

Cant argue with the results though..hasnt missed a beat in many years, since it was done.

Flash rs likes this.
  5. I would not waste my money on a Generic map on these cars, get it mapped to the engine, will be worth the drive

Flash rs likes this.
  6. Yeah the price is a bit nuts like, I didn't pay even nearly that when I had a live road map on my impreza

7. Yes I think you maybe right

8. you should get it live mapped.
    For starters,they will do a initial power run to make sure all is well with the engine.
    my car was new at the time,but it had a weak injector,
    that obviously would have gone unnoticed on a remotely uploaded map.

Also the map can be tailored to your own individual car.
    My own car made excellent figures with a bit of tweaking.

RS Tuning may be pricey,but they have a pretty much faultless reputation
    Paul has been tuning the F4RT engine from the very start.

The main thing is, you will have a reliable engine,with a serious hike in performance.
    My map is just like a factory map..so no peaks or troughs in the power curve.

Longevity of a very expensive to replace engine. has to be the main priority.
    You hear lots of horror storys about crap maps ,from the likes of Bluefin etc.

9. Used fastchip/Bluefin on a few cars with no issues.

10. pay your money..take your chance.
    Just because it hasnt gone pop,doesnt mean the tuning is correct.
    well documented cases of mk3`s running dangerously lean on bluefin maps.

11. Is there a noticeable difference when you've had the car mapped.

12. transformed my R26..230 hp to 265hp...220lbft to 285lb/ft..totally standard engine
    expect over 300hp and 320lb/ft on the bigger turbo`d mk3
    no comparison between before and after performance.

13. Not sure if serious or trolling, why do you think people get their cars remapped? So that they can notice 0 gains?.....

14. Remember not all tuners are equal. Try and see examples of their work and speak to them in person about your requirements.

I recently drove down from Newcastle to Runcorn to get my R26 mapped by Chris at EFI Parts. The difference compared to the K-Tec map that was on their previously is huge.

Ktec in red, EFI in black

IMG-20180414-_WA0003.jpg

15. It was more to do with how it feels, you gain what 35-40 hp. Can you notice that difference

16. I suggest you use Google and do some research into remapping and what the gains are, and how it effects the car

17. 100%

The difference between my before and after final figures for both bhp and torque isn't that much (+/- 10bhp/ft-lbs), however the way the car drives is completely different. The power delivery is a lot smoother and it pulls better at the top end. Its also more fuel efficient now as it was previously running quite rich at the top end. So even though there is no difference in spec/modifications on the car between the 2 maps, the end results are completely different. I personally can't recommend Chris at EFI enough. From first contact to leaving his unit he was extremely helpful and very knowledgeable about his trade.

Nick-ST likes this.
  18. Ive used fastchip for my old clio and my r26.
    Id recommend henk at fastchip, always been spot on with me.

He will do custom maps as well as the generic one that cones with it.
    The custom maps require you to do a few full throttle runs that tou datalog send off it gets tweaked then returned, repeat until done.

Only problem is theres no scope for larger injectors etc.
    I think thats the same for all the remote maps.
    Henk at fastchip developed the interface box that paul at rstuning uses.
    Henk is well respected in the clio world and other parts of the world, hes been to australia to map cars out their and seems to be well respected in europe too.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk