265 Remap

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Nitro94, Jun 26, 2021.

1. Hi,
    I want to get my 265 mapped to about 290. I assume 290 would be safe on a completely stock engine with a sports air filter?
    I don’t want to mess around with mods for insurance costs so I’m keeping it stock.
    I’ve read through a few posts on this forum and the general consensus is to go to rstuning in Leeds.
    Leeds is a 4+ hour drive for me and I really don’t want to drive that far just for a remap. Can anyone recommend and reputable companies in east of England preferably Norfolk or Suffolk.
    Cheers

2. You could try Engine Dynamics in Colchester.

3. So here is my take, after having many cars remapped with only one unsuccessful and this was the Megane.

Stage X Motorsport remapped my car today, they are in London and Coventry. Highly recommend them for this service and many others!

I had a remap applied at Santa Pod by a tuner with excellent reviews online. Turns out the map they applied was less than desirable and the car was left with a bidding issue, like hunting, but in WOT 3rd and 4th. First and second felt strong.
    I bought the remap for two reasons, price number 1 and I've never had a remap go wing and for those who have said they had, I put it down to an issue with their car exaggerated by the map.

I can comfortably confirm, that it is a gamble buying a cheap or unknown remap. I've been very lucky with the 8/9, cars so far. I've also been lucky that this map threw up an issue so I could investigate. Otherwise I could have been running around with apoor map, which could lead to issues.

Stage X applied a map used in their mk3 megane. They fit no extra money, restored my car to stick, then applied a map which audit a rolling road print out, feels and performs worlds better.

My advice, if you don't want to travel far, as I didn't, look for the nearest, will established and recommended tuner and start there. Try race teams first. They can often recommend.

Until now, all plug and play Mary's have been good for me, so the curve is you will be spot on regardless. However, if you can visit stage X, or another company recommended, then that might just have you£200 + on stupid tax, like I just spent.

4. Engine dynamics all the way. Nobody knows them as good as andy

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Beau likes this.
  5. Another recommendation from me for Andy at Engine Dynamics. Just had my RS 265 re-mapped and car runs and drives amazing!

Paddy80 likes this.
  6. Before you even consider spending a few hundred pounds or travelling miles, go to a rolling road to see what it actually has now.

I went all the way to Leeds and found my car (also an RS265) was putting out 281bhp on crap fuel (I ran out time to get some decent stuff to had to go with Supermarket fuel!). It basically cost me quite a few hundred pounds for a tiny increase in HP and torque. The car felt faster after but if I had known it had had 281 to begin with I wouldn't have bothered.

7. Efi parts for mapping. The best in the business in my opinion, make the journey as he will get the best out of it, knows these engines inside out.

Lopes3d likes this.
  8. A reputable company would have charged you for the power run and thats it

Anyway, now that stirred things up.

There is no point travelling so bloody far. There are decent tuners all over the country. Just don't get a plug and play at the side of Santa Pod

It's your money, time and fuel.

9. Lol, agreed but we used it as a weekend away and went out in Leeds and York which was nice.

I'll just pop to the kitchen and get you a wooden spoon....:tearsofjoy:

Mr Spoon likes this.
  10. I'm called Mr Spoon for a reason :smiley:

11. Lol, how did I miss that?

Mr Spoon likes this.
  12. Where was the printed cup holder from?
    Thanks !