Remap with extras?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by RSbuzzer, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Wondering if anything extra can be mapped into the megane? Like turbo timer,anti lag or just extra pops and bangs etc.

2. Rs tuning do a pop and bang remap i believe

3. I think I read here that somebody also managed to get (some form of) launch control activated..

4. I have launch control mapped on mine. I imagine any decent mapper will be able to give a pops and bangs map.

5. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Mk3 has LC already on the ECU, just needs enabled.

As for pops and bangs. Shite.

6. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

7. I had pops and bangs.
    I had it taken off.

8. Doesn't it damage the cat? The pops and bangs that is.

9. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Damages more than just the cat, Ive seen multiple cars with broken valves due to them. They really are a stupid thing to do, Sound utter wank and make you look a dick.

10. Yeah should only be done with a decat really

11. Anti lag and flatshifting can crack manifolds and kill the turbos. I've got it on my Audi RS4 but don't really use it as a new set of turbos fitted is £4k +

12. Anti lag and flatshifting can crack exhaust manifolds and kill the turbos. I've got it on my Audi RS4 but don't really use it as a new set of turbos fitted is £4k +

13. Bloody iPad !

14. Yeah what ever bud

15. Nmp

Nmp

Like Jamie has already said, it sounds awful and makes you look a total dick, can't understand anyone that spends ££ on there car and then does that. :confused:

16. Each to thier own.

17. Nice to know, I'm not going to actually get anti lag, as I had it on a subaru years ago.
    Launch control, surprised to learn it is in the ecu already and just needs to be activated

18. Am I right in thinking anti lag and launch control are two different things though? Anti lag builds the boost and needs a proper set up because it'll just blast the cat out of the back in seconds but launch just holds the revs at a preset amount with the clutch dipped?

19. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I was on about pops and bangs maps being Wank, proper ALS is another story.
    That's on the MK3 only remember

20. Iv a 2010 rs250 cup.
    Nice know what the ecu is capable of. Going to get her remapped in the next few weeks.
    Am I right in saying I can leave the car in normal mode, and the remap in sport mode?

21. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Yup, depends who is mapping it though

22. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

I have pops and bangs, I want it gone.

23. Are you getting a remote map by any chance? If so almost all of them wont work well on the crap 95Ron we get in Ireland.

One well known tuner sent me this when I asked about it.
    "RON95 = 5 - 10% performance gain from a STG1 tune

RON98 = 100% performance gain from a STG1 tune"

I had my last megane mapped at RS Tuning in Leeds with our fuel in mind. They were able to make the map selectable through the sport button too.

24. This doesn't apply to the extra few pops and bangs that are caused by having the middle box removed does it?!

25. No it doesn't mate.

26. Aaaaaand....relax :smile:

Ta!

27. i did hear a lad pull away from RS tuning having just had the crackle and pop map, not my cup of tea, but each to their own.