275 Remap Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by OiNK, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Making my way over from N. Ireland to pay a visit to RSTuning to get my 275 Cup-S mapped tomorrow (boat tonight 01:55).

Excited :smile:

That is all.

L-1011, MartijnGizmo and NathanF like this.
  2. Enjoy! :sunglasses:

3. Commitment. Nice one! Where are you sailing into?

4. Driving to Dublin Port, then from there to Holyhead and across to Leeds

5. Post up your before and after results:grinning:

6. Will definitely ask for those print outs :smile:

Only slight downside being, I run on 97 RON as that is the best we get in NI, so it won't be mapped for 99 RON.

7. Ill bet its a great driving back home :wink:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Can you describe the RS Tuning experience. I want to get my 265 remapped there. What was your power/torque figures before and after?

9. Mine was 277 with 3inch decat turboback and induction kit. 306 with 330/40 ft with remap, need intercooler for 320ish. Great guys there. Paul mapped my supercharged clio and it ran great for a 300bhp car with standard block

10. Excellent - keep us posted:smiley:

11. Sounds good! Add a few bolts-ons to mine and get it booked in. Seems to vary quite a bit on what standard cars are producing. How did you get in at the EVO triangle? I live not far from there......great roads [emoji6]

12. good for you..i also traveled from the other end of the country to get mine done.
    Been on the car 5 years with no problems.

13. That's a long drive.

I've been thinking the drive from London is long and I've been putting it off because of that

14. Just parked up about to board the boat. It's a 500 mile round trip for me not including whatever distance the boat covers, sure it's all a bit of fun :smiley:

git-r and csmith8757 like this.
  15. what a mission of a journey !

16. It's just on the rollers this second woohoo

git-r, TEV250 and Sam@NP like this.
  17. My totally standard RS250 made 262bhp / 282lbs, mapped it made 300bhp/ 342lbs.
    The drive home was huge fun, I guess yours will be even better, enjoy! :-)

18. No doubt my 97 Ron fuel will hold me back a bit...but fingers crossed for good power anyway

19. Is an intercooler going to provide more power at the dyno ? I understand efficiency when doing hot laps but I am not sure that just by adding an IC we can obtaing 10hp ... I need prove of this and I cannot find an HP comparison test.

20. @OiNK Whats the results then ?

21. Too excited to post :tongueout:

22. Thats what paul said, i have seen someone with my spec + IC and they had 320

23. Any updates on this? Be keen to know how the car feels after the remap. Contemplating getting my 275 cup s done.

24. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Pretty much every Megane males different power with the same mods, FYI i was over 330bhp on the stock turbo before i went Hybrid, Ive seen people with the same spec as mien was only running 310ish. All down to the individual car.

Peak figures mean nothing anyway, its the stuff under the curve that is the important part.

25. Has anyone blown up a mk3 yet?.
    I havnt seen any concrete facts about what Renault did ,
    to make the internals handle more than the mk 2`s upper ceiling of roughly 300/300.

I assume they must have changed the rods,but I heard the pistons are the same.

26. Could of been that good that he's still driving round the Evo Triangle on the way home.

27. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

@-Jamie- didnt yours?

28. Blown up and he's signed a NDA in return for a re-build?

29. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

What were the pistons good for on a Mk2?

MK3's can take 500bhp, As for rods, No one has really tested it but there are ones with upto 400ftlbs and haven't self destructed yet. Im running 365bhp/385ftlbs through mine at the moment with plans to increase that another 20-30 after winter. Im quite tempted to see just how far they can be pushed, But then it isn't just about the peak figures, How they are mapped makes a big difference.

I have seen people on the continent mention that its boost pressure that kills them and ~1.65bar is generally the safe limit.

30. Pistons are completely different on a mk3 there forged and better than most aftermarket ones.
    Allegedly the rods are the same as early 225's so slightly sturdier than the later 225's/r26's which share the rods out of the 172/182's.
    I also heard the exhaust valves are sodium filled to help dissipate heat.

Sent from my HTC Desire EYE using Tapatalk

31. Pistons are only good for just north of 300 on a mk2 according to Paul at rstuning

Sent from my HTC Desire EYE using Tapatalk

mr.clarke. likes this.
  32. Still no result! this is not fair!

33. Mmmmmmm, still no reply eh, Oink was on here today @ 1.36PM, c'mon Oink, end the suspense good or bad, we're waiting :flushed:

34. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

35. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Why are people getting so inpatient, Its not as if its something thats never been done before LOL

I'd expect 300-315bhp and ~350ftlbs.

36. Because he'd built up the excitement of the trip and the remap and people joined in with him, humouring him a little if you like.

Without a follow-up, it feels a little flat. It's part of what the forum is for, is it not?

TEV250, Just-that-ek and matt e like this.
  37. I went local and a bit cheap with my remap!

Got the 303hp but only 310ftlbs but i'm happy with it.

38. How much is cheap?

39. I'm beginning to suspect porkies, (Oink Oink) re' N.I. trip to RST, the silence is deafening, hope I'm wrong. but......:fearscream: