R26 Remap problems with 630cc Siemens injectors

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Luke182, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Have done the following mods to my R26
    -Complete Milltek decat exhaust
    -Forge Intercooler
    -Forge Dump valve
    -Siemens 630cc injectors
    -Samco Hoses
    Took the car for a remap and over 4500rpm it was seriously overfuelling (understandable with the 630cc injectors), it was at 202bhp pre-remap, now theyre not sure wether to stick with the original injectors or if the 630cc's are gonna be ok after the remap... Ive seen a few people on the forum with very similar mods and 630cc injectors...so abit confused.com :confused:

2. Who's done the mapping?

3. Sounds like you need to take it some where else. You should be able to run 630's at standard power as long as the map is doing the fueling correctly

4. Its a company in Spain

5. Having problems pre-remap so just wondering if its gonna sort itself out once the remap has been done or if the 630cc are too much considering the mods...

6. The mapper has to know what he's doing with the 630 injectors and from the sound of it he doesnt!

You normally fit them at the place its getting mapped as it will seriously over fuel otherwise, as far as i know only 2 people can actually do the 630cc's correctly and thats Paul at RStuning and Henk at fast chip.

A decent mapper should be able to get them running ok but your fuel guage will normally read 1/4-1/2 a tank when your actually empty (only Paul and Henk have been able to suss this out as far as i know).

The 630 injectors aren't too much as long as their mapped properly, as said above a standard car with no mods except the injectors will run fine as long as its mapped to suit they are not "plug and play" items

7. Thanks for the info !!
    Dont think hes remaped an r26 before so its new to him. Maube just better to leave standard injectors on by the sound of it...

8. I would be looking at removing my car from them and getting a remote map.

9. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

I would speak with Paul at RS Tuning and enquire about his tuning box.

10. Didnt know it could be done "remotely"...

11. Fastchip and RStuning both do remote box's for mapping, unsure if they will be able to remotely do the 630 injectors though, i know Henk won't do them via the tuning box

12. If the Tuner does not know what he is doing, take your can and run. It will only end bad and costing you money. There are not allot of tuners that can tune the Meganes, RStuning will be the best.