Remap needed for a decat?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by dale13, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Hey all, just wondering, if i decat my 225 will it need mapping again or will it be fine without?
    Cheers...:wink:

2. Safer to get the map tweaked, plus you'll get more power. RSTuning charge £100+VAT to do it.

3. The boost pressure from the turbo is regulated by the ecu, so a decat won't upset the boost pressure. However removing the cat decreases restriction in the exhaust and you might need to adjust the fuelling. I think a rule of thumb is that reducing a restriction in the exhaust makes an engine run leaner, and reducing a restriction in the intake makes an engine run richer.

4. They do run leaner with a decat.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  5. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Mine ran fine for over a year with a decat and fuelling was pretty spot on with it, It did have a map that was pretty rich on it tbf though before i got it mapped again properly

6. Cheers for your replies fellas, really then the best thing to do is have it mapped afterwards, i have heard of people running without a map and it being fine but i'd rather things be right.
    Again, thanks for your input lads...:wink: