250 Remap at K-tec

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by sonyboy, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Got quite a few things to do, cambelt change, swivel joint and figured if I'm going to travel 150miles to Ktec, might as well get a remap? Any idea if they are as good as rs tuning? Also, is it worth doing something to make exhaust slightly more noticeable? Just want a cheap solution for the exhaust.

Not got a full quote yet but should look something like this:

Cambelt & waterpump & service- £500
    Swivel joint - £350 (assuming that don't need to change to full hub)
    Remap - £500
    Exhaust - ?
    Total £1,350

For my Ibiza Cupra, i got a remap with a miltek exhaust for £800.

2. Turn around, that's my advice

Naith likes this.
  3. A age old argument this one..many threads about bad experiences with Ktec..never seen one about RS Tuning in many years of megane ownership.

I have a Rs tuning map..been on there for nearly 6 years..never a single problem.

I wouldn't trust my engine to anyone else..many on here will disagree.

4. I've had a car mapped at K-Tec and was pleased with the service. They also have done work on various cars for me and I've always been very happy with the work.

5. Andy k-teas mapper a sub contracted mapper from down the road. I've had a chat with him directly and he is full of shit and printed me off a fake print out from another one of his so called mapped Meganes.
    Shaun the gaffa is also full of it. Floyd the flid too. He was alright but only says what Sean tells him.
    Stay away go to Rs tuning or even better advice leave it oem.

6. Floyd is a top bloke and really helpful so not sure why you are saying he's a flid? Doing what your manager tells you is generally normal is it not ? He also no longer works at K-tec

7. I know he works back at four ashes.
    If the flid lies to you then he is a flid full stop.
    Would recommend four ashes all day while I'm on the subject.
    For the record Floyd is ok but at times I could see him wanting to confirm what I knew at the time.
    Cant say I blame him for leaving k-teq RACING LOL......
    Moral of the thread is Stay away.........

8. TEV250 Change that profile pic as the adults of the group will judge you for using them.
    You must have an agenda........ Chaep services or something Sean is not a idiot. He is using you......

9. Floyd is a flid for lying when you could see he wanted to agree with you on something ? You must be self-employed with that comment.
    Why would you go against your manager ? People go to work to earn a living last I heard, so why would you jeopardize that and put your job at risk if Sean is as bad as you say he is? Totally agree lying to customers is a disgrace but as an employee you are just the messenger.

I've never dealt with Sean and I haven't seen him there for ages, I don't think i've ever spoke to him.

There's no agenda (I would love cheap services). The profile pic was from when I picked the car up that's all. I will update it to keep you happy that i'm not a ktec 'fanboy' :smile:

10. That's like saying bomb a village because you was told too. To a more serious point lol.
    Just had a bad experience with the k teq boys nothing personal just letting people know how bad there service was/is
    The profile pics looks much better

TEV250 likes this.
  11. NJH

NJH

For what its worth they used to use RS Tuning maps.

I used them recently for a basic service which all seems to have been done OK,,,,,, except they forgot to reset the service indicator. Happy otherwise with the service but I had a really good relationship with one of their ex-mechanics Paul Whittaker who has popped up again at Star Automotive in Poole after his own outfit Tech-1 fell apart after his business partner killed it.