Remap advice

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Dan UAS, Aug 23, 2013.

1. I have mentioned it a couple of times on posts and had some helpful replies but thought I would ask here.

I have a 225 and was wondering if there was any big difference in using an rstuning remote box (or similar) or actually getting a map installed on site. I like the idea of having the box and software myself to read faults and turn the map off if necessary but maybe onsite has benefits i am missing as its a fair bit more expensive. There is a local company to us in South Wales scm who have good remap reviews but any help from you guys would be gratefully received.

Thanks dan

2. I got an RS Tuning box and then took it to Paul @ RS Tuning for a remap. He loaded the original map onto the box so I can swap between them if I want to. A real, live map done on a rolling road is always going to be more fine-tuned to your engine than a generic map.

3. Ok thanks, what sort of price did it come to total?

4. Dan do you know Gez on 197net he had a re map done down near Swansea

5. I haven't been on 197.net since I traded mine 3 years ago, I'll have a look. I think gotboost is another one in Wales but again not sure without any reviews.