Red Dot Racing

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by adR26am, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Basically my R26 came with a remap from RDR, just wondered if anyone could vouch for their quality etc?

2. erm yeah crap get it off

3. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

ergh...

4. Any good tuners Northampton way?

5. RS tuning Leeds

6. Typical price?

7. What are my other options too? Can a Renault dealer wipe it back to standard?

8. gaz

gaz

Ste at SC Auto electrics is a great lad to give a shout bud.

9. Not really any notable Renault tuners in our area mate. If your going to get it for then RSTuning really is the best and most respected tuner for our cars. Well worth it years and years of experience.

10. What symtoms of poor mapping are there to look out for? (assuming it is crap, it beat that Astra vxr easily enough)
    Also the engine light has flashed on and off a couple of times. I haven't had fault codes checked yet but is this likely to be injectors or a duff sensor?

11. Nothing that you will be able to detect.

Det/Knock
    Poor AFR ( too rich or lean )
    Poor power

My car came with a generic map. It produced 231.9bhp and 240ftib. Took it to Paul @ RS Tuning. He ran it , I saw the traces and nearly cried. Then I saw the AFR and nearly died. It was sub 10.

Paul mapped it and I got 250 odd bhp and 270ft ib.

My car has been back several times for belts , decat , further maps. Cannot rate them high enough.

For everyone who is considering a "cheap map"
    Look at it this way , Pauls maps aint as cheap as a knock off map. But then again , is quite literally 1/3 the price of a new engine. Before fitting. Seems like a bargin now right ?

12. What about Renault? Can they scrub the ECU?
    i might get it dynoed first, after getting the injectors cleaned at the same place.

13. I wouldnt spend another penny there personally.

14. Right, I'm going to try and get to RS Tuning before the new year. Nobody has a bad word to say about them, and well the Google Streetview images of them kinda says it all.
    I will be getting the injectors cleaned (if they need it) on Saturday.

15. You wont regret it.