Recirculating valve

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Ryan herbert, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Hey guys, put a deposit down on a megane rs250 a couple of weeks ago, the car drives fine but had a dump valve that sounded a bit over the top for my liking (sounded like a bus) so i asked if they would remove it before buying and they agreed, anyway its turning in to more of a pain in the ass than they thought as the original recirculating valve was blanked off and you cant buy an original part from renault as it comes as part of the turbo assembly so they have bought a forge one and fitted that, theyve tried all 3 springs but under load they say it keeps throwing up the engine management light, theyve spoke to a renault technician and hes suggested they need the silencer that renault supply but that has to be ordered from france which is a 10 days wait, does this sound like it will fix the issue or does it need to be checked to see whats been altered through a remap if its had one? I dont mind so much because they are paying for it all but just starting to get a bit impatient, any help/advice would be awesome, cheers!

2. Well the dump valve goes in place of the sound generator, which generates induction sound into the bulkhead, have they removed the dump valve and blanked the pipe off? Thats all it needs really.

3. They've taken off a dump valve fitted by the previous owner (see pic) but the original recirc valve had been blanked off, now they're fitting the forge part where the original was blanked but it keeps flagging up the EML (not sure what fault is coming up as the car is in the Midlands and I'm in Bristol) could it be that it's been mapped around the dump valve so when they've removed it it's overboosting and triggering the sensor? Sorry if I don't make any sense, new to all this and they're dealing with it just worried I'm going to be left waiting for 10 days for the part they've ordered for it not to fix the issue

Attached Files:

4. Have they bung the t piece in the induction hose thats fitted to the throttle body? Thats where the standard sound generator comes off and goes into the bulkhead. This is removed to fit the the dump valve and the small pipe from the recirc valve fitted the other end, with the blanking plate fitted in place of the circ.

5. Pretty certain there are quite a few people using the Forge recirc valve on their 250 and not having this problem. Something has been missed as said above.

6. A few have removed the sound generator and fitted a bung with no problems.

7. Strange, I'll just wait and see if the part they have on order sorts it cheers guys!