250 Recirc Valve

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by nathrs250, Mar 19, 2014.

1. I'm thinking of putting a forge recirc valve on my 250 and was wondering how difficult it is! Had a look today and noticed the stock valve is very close to the head, how easy is it to remove it once all the bolts are removed?

2. Its an arse to change on a mk2 not sure about mk3

3. Once you've got the bolts out and the pipe off it just pops out no problem, just refit the new one in reverse to taking the standard one off :smile:

4. Is it that simple? I take it the internals of the standard recirc valve dont go that far in to the housing?

5. No it doesn't, maybe an inch or so. The hole is bigger than the diameter of the spring so there's plenty space for it to come out. If you have a look at the uprated recirc you'll see what it's like.

6. Theres not much to them just really hard getting the bolts in and out get a selection of 10mm sockets and spanners

7. A 10mm spanner with the ring end ground very thin will save a lot of trouble, getting the bolts out isn't so bad but the Forge item is thicker so it sits that much closer to the head!

8. I used a rachet spanner a ring ground down like u said and a kind of spanner/socket combination lol

9. Cheers for all the tips. Will order one and see how it goes!

10. Thinking of adding a Forge at some stage, let us know how you get on if you'd be so kind

11. Will do.

12. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Proper pita to do, I have never cursed as much as when I fitted my blanking plate last year lol