Rear Xenon headlight levelling sensor support bracket..

Discussion in 'Exterior & Bodywork' started by andrewjeffs, Apr 16, 2021.

1. The arm that holds my rear xenon light sensor has completely rusted out,which has caused the sensor to just be dangling by the wire.Not only will it not pass the MOT,the lights are now all over the place at night because of incorrect readings.Finding it impossible to find one second hand,and Renault only sell the complete arm with sensor for a eye watering £160!

Has anyone replaced,or fabricated this arm?
    Even if i do get it from Renault,theres a massive wait of parts from France at the moment due to Brexit fallout!

This is on my R26.

2. I have the same problem. it's just the front sensor. It's 120 e. For days I searched for a replacement

3. @andrewjeffs
    Look what i have found, if you zoom in you can see the bracket

49888252562_91be95c4ce_k.jpg IMG_20200512_172430 by Ian Austin, on Flickr

4. wow..if its even half decent i will buy it off you ian..i cant get one anywhere!

5. 195_n.png?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=WVl097e_QcQAX-zfS3L&_nc_ht=scontent.fbrs4-2.png
    this is the full bracket..

6. Thats a picture of your rear beam :smirk::smirk:

7. Thats fitted to the car and not the beam then

8. must be just infront of the beam then....i have only seen the bracket when the cars on the floor,looking from the back..

9. ha ha..i was thinking..blimey,ians bought a titanium exhaust for his mk2 now!

10. if you look from the back,the bracket is on the left hand side....my sensor was just dangling by the wire.When you drive the car now,the headlights just point down at the floor...impossible to drive at night.I am hoping my fkn renualt tech mate can get it off,so maybe i can fabricate it...but hes fkn such a lazy fucker,its like getting blood out of a stone!

11. I have had a go at setting the ride height of my R26 today, i did have a look and i have that bracket fitted to the rear of mine, once i get back from these two trackdays i will have a look at taking that bracket off and measuring it for you.

Well we know how good your Renault mate is :cry::cry:

12. otherwise the fkn thing will sit there for weeks..already been in the bodyshop for a month!...

13. Okay will get on it as soon as i can

andrewjeffs likes this.
  14. I think everyone has a mate like that tbf, immensely capable but can’t be arsed 90% of the time:tearsofjoy:

15. so lazy..and yet will take favors at the drop of a hat..

16. Oh you know him too then :tearsofjoy:

andrewjeffs likes this.