rear speakers.

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by RS-James, Jul 28, 2013.

1. will any 13cm speakers fit in the rear of the r26? can anybody recommend some for me?

also just recently every bit of plastic from the front seats back have decided to start creaking and groaning and im thinking of sound deadening the rear quarters and boot. any tips?

tar.

2. Anybody changed rears?

3. Daz

Daz

You could try spraying silicone on the back of all the panels - that'll help reduce the creaks.

I'm not sure about the speakers but from what I've seen anything that's a similar height should be ok - it's a pain in the arse getting to them mind that's why I didn't bother!

4. yea going to try the silicone spray firstly but if it comes to it im taking the panels off to sound proof, then change speakers while im at it.

5. I believe they are the same size front and rear

rich

6. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

Does anyone know if they need to be shallow like the fronts do?

7. Stevie

Stevie Events Coordinator

Try spraying wd40 onto your door locks and into your door handles. Pull the outside handle out and spray the wd into the handle. This should stop the creaking which sounds like it's coming from your rear quarters.

8. The wd worked a treat. For now the sound proofing can wait. :smile: