Rear parking sensors dont appear to be working

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by Ben Jones, May 9, 2017.

1. When I put it in reverse I get a beep and then silence. I assumed I've not got close enough to any objects but I got someone to wave their hands in front of the sensors (Whilst in reverse) and still no beeping.

Any ideas where I should start to get them working?

2. Mk3? If so, have you turned them off by mistake? There's a button next to the sport button that turns the sensors off.

There's also an option for it in the settings menu, use the buttons on the wiper stalk to navigate to it

3. You should have a switch to switch them totaly off near you dash light dimmer switch like in the picture below.
    it is on the right lower end side of your steering wheel circeld in red, i have assumed mk3 megane though
    upload_2017-5-9_13-23-33.png

4. Yes Mk3, I thought when I glanced through the manual that they turn back on each time the car is turned off/on anyway so hadn't thought to check for an internal switch... I'll give it a go and see if it brings them back to life. Pretty sure I saw they were turned on in the settings options on the dash but will also double check this.

5. Never realised the early mk3 had this switch. Later cars have this replaced by the stop/start disable button.

6. Mine hasnt got this switch

7. Ok I've finally remembered to check this switch whilst reversing and can confirm the sensors are on by default. The switch disables them/enables them but when you turn the ignition off and on they are on by default anyway it seems.

Still no beeping whilst reversing, other than the initial beep when engaging reverse.

Whats the next step, is there anyway I can troubleshoot and work out if one sensor is broke or if its some sort of wiring issue? I assume once one sensor goes then they all stop working?

Last edited: May 26, 2017