Rear exhaust mount help!!

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Curtf1, Oct 28, 2013.

1. My exhaust has started to rattle, sounds like metal on metal. Initially I though it was onto the heat shield so I bent it a little bit further away from the exhaust as it seemed pretty close, when the noise persisted I noticed one of my rear exhaust mounts didn't look right and seemed pretty low, although it's held by two ropes I was wondering if this was a fail safe incase the exhaust mount have way. If someone could look at this picture for me and tell me if it need replacing that would be great! It looked broken to me although I wouldn't know what I am looking for......
    image_zps5520747c.jpg

Cheers!

2. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

Yes that needs replacing. Speak with Ads off here to get a decent price.

3. Yeah I thought so :@ where abouts is Ads located, might be too far for me? Thanks for the quick reply.

4. The dealership in Doncaster has 1 in stock for £25, would the OEM part fit the k-tec 3" system?

5. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

6. 22.50 delivered from here!!!

7. Just got one from renault Wakefield, £25.16 can't really complain at that! Cheers though lads!

8. Hi, did this solve the problem? Think mine needs changing, as I have the same symptoms. Mine is recently making a jingly noise from the rear when I'm driving it.

9. Just had mine replaced. The noise was a slight squeaking that could be heard at very low speed with a lot of lock on like when pulling out of a car park.

I left mine a little too long and the tailpipe has discoloured the bumper a little, so I would say just get them both replaced. Although there is 3 on the car, in my case the middle one was fine.

I bought them from Ads on here and was going to fit them myself but due to working 7 days a week for the last few weeks, I took it to a local garage and he only charged me a tenner.

10. makes a big difference doesnt it!

11. I keep buying cheap eBay ones. They last about 6 months lol.