R26 Rear exhaust hanger

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by mavez, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Hey guys,

Are the rear exhaust hangers just crap / bad design? A while back mine had ripped the rubber in half and the nearside part of the exhaust is hanging down. Now I bought a new one fitted it and then it seems 4-5k miles later it has done the same. Is there any stronger uprated versions floating about out there?

thanks

2. Not sure I got told by rs that only the oem ones fit but that was awhile ago not sure if anything new has been made but on an old car I would not imagine so

3. Ah cool thanks anyway, I've bought an OEM one again any way. I might see if I can modify and strengthen it to take a bit of the weight load off.

4. Did you only change the one?

It's common to change both of the back ones at the same time really. If you only did one, that could have been taking most of the load and caused it to fail prematurely possibly. There not all that expensive (£20ish each) - i'd look at renewing all 3 personally.

5. I had the same problem, with these only buy original Renault. I went through 2 oem spec ones in a year on the same mount you are talking about above. Put a genuine Renault one on 18 months ago and it's still fine.

AllenR26 likes this.