250 Rear Camber shims?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Tommy578991, May 19, 2019.

1. hi guys

Just purchased some bc racing coil overs which come with adjustable front top mounts
    I came across some rear camber shims on pure motorsport and after having them on my old 182 and working so well I wondered wether anyone’s used them and if it benefits at all on megane 250 cup? How many degrees is preferable?

Getting the car corner weighted in a few weeks so wanted to get them on before going down there to have the car set up

tia

2. I have BC Racing coil overs on the front of my Megane and have had the rear shims fitted.
    I use my car commuting about 12,000 km / year and run it at 6-12 track days a year and 3-6 motokhana events.

I would say it is a benefit if you are chasing lap times. If you are just commuting with it I wouldn't bother.

If you do purchase them you will need to supply your wheel alignments figures to who ever supplies them so they can put together the correct shims for the figures you are after.

I run 1.7 deg -ve camber on the rear with a little bit of toe out.

I got my shims from Moderno racing in the Netherlands.

Tommy578991 likes this.
  3. run rear shims not only for camber but to straighten up factory misalignment of rear beam/hub

Tommy578991 likes this.
  4. How much camber have People been aiming for on the rear

5. Around -1.5º

6. Any reason why I would get a rear reading of,

Near side rear 0.4 degree camber

Off side rear 2.0 degree camber

7. vehicle may have clouted curb at some point

8. If the ground isn't level that would also through it out wouldn't it ?

9. Certainly will, and at same time pointless to measure if know results not accurate