Rear Anti-Roll Bar Installation

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Dan1985, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Hi all,
    This is my first post on RS Megane. I bought a lovely white 250 cup in November and am LOVING IT.
    I've not been able to find an answer to what should be a simple question: I've purchases a Whiteline rear anti-roll bar for the car and it inevitably has no installation instructions. Having watched a few YouTube videos of bars being put onto other cars, I was expecting to have to install bushes, drop links, etc. However, the only parts to come with the bar are two metal plates with some holes drilled in them and a bunch of nuts and bolts- not the pieces I anticipated. Has anyone installed one of these and can offer me advice? Or better yet some photos of the installed bar, as I can't really figure out what I'm doing here. I'm not incompetent, but I do like to be able to follow instructions to avoid disaster!
    Thanks in advance guys.

2. Jamie has i'm sure fitted one, exactly the same make

3. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I've got the superpro one that's basically the same.

No drilling etc needed, bolts up to existing holes.

Although I will say, it makes very little difference and certainly doesn't make the rear end very loose like some people make out they do. Mine des super stable at higher speeds with it but it isn't some crazy oversteer machine with it. Have to remember the rear beam is basically a big ARB.

4. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Couldn't find the original photo I had of it so here's a rough idea 995efd1364ae8584319546dd16c08545.jpg

5. This is really helpful thanks. You've saved me lots of frustrating faffing.
    I've not got unrealistic expectations of the arb. I'm hoping it will help sharpen turn in a little on track. If it does that I'm a happy man. :smile:

6. I'll post a picture once I've got the bar on.

7. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I don't think you'll notice that much difference. Shimming the rear beam to sort the geo will be a much more effective way of achieving a better front end imo

8. couple more pics Capture1.JPG Capture2.JPG

9. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

So what way should it be mounted? Mine kept hitting the tub so I chopped it but looking at yours mounted that wya it would give the clearance [emoji23]

10. fitted mine exactly same as foto

11. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Weird, All the guys i know that have them are fitted like mine and even CGR fit them that way. Don't think it matters tbf

12. Agree, can’t physically make any difference but does it not hit wheel-well on full compression ?

13. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

It did on some large ones but I think ride height okays a big part as well.

Tub has been chopped and modified for clearance now anyway, although swapping the bracket would of saved that [emoji23]

bobsan likes this.
  14. Hello !How to solve it in the end?

15. Lost post