Really strong petrol smell after being stood?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Norvern Rob, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Evening all

I picked up an R26 for my brother in law on Thursday and put it on my drive as he's working away. I started it this morning and it absolutely reeked of petrol, I took it for a couple of miles drive and the smell was pretty much gone but it obviously shouldn't smell like that after being stood a couple of days. It didn't smell at all on the test drive.

It's got exactly the same engine/exhaust mods as mine - decat, back box chop, induction, RS Tuning remap and there's no smell from mine whatsoever. I'll book it in with Mark Black for a look but anyone got any ideas before then? There's a fair bit of vibration through the cabin too so I think an engine mount may need doing.

There are £6 grand of receipts with the car, £4k in the last 18 months and it still needs something!

Rob

2. Mine smelt of petrol when it was decated, it's stopped since I put the cat back on!

3. Mines decatted, same decat as this one (Miltek) and there's no petrol smell whatsoever which is what's making me think something's wrong!

4. There is a fuel line that splits in the engine bay. Marks sorted one before

5. Thanks, just had a look at the trip and that would also explain why it's averaging 22mpg when mine does 30!