250 Rattling noise in 3rd

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by gmauluka, May 15, 2014.

1. So noticed something when i was driving home earlier.
    Whenever i go into 3rd or coasting in 3rd and lift the clutch, soon as i accelerate i hear like a crunching or rattling noise from around the engine bay.
    Only seems to happen if I'm cruising and not accelerating quickly through the gears...
    Anyone have any ideas on what this could be and worth getting checked..?

Cheers

2. Same happened to me today although mine was in 1st gear around 2500-3000rpm tried to replicate it today and it didn't happen.

3. Anyone find out the culprit with this issue??? I get the same thing now and then

4. dmf maybe?

5. Think i get this underload in a higher gear going slow then accelerate

6. MicKPM

MicKPM RSM Trader RSM Trader

Check you gearbox mount bracket, common for snapping and can cause this along with exhaust noises.

7. All mounts are fine, been replaced about 3months ago.... It's a intermittent sound... I live in South Africa, I use 95octane fuel... The other day I was forced to put in 93octane... With the lower octane it made the sound more often... I kno the Meg's timing is all controlled by the ecu... Is it possible that the timing shifts? Then causes the sound? I've put my car on the Reno clip but no errors....???