R26 Rattle/tappet type noise

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by adR26am, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Hi Guys,
    Exactly the same noise on my R26 60k on clock now. can only be heard when holding revs between 1500-2000rpm and after a blip of the throttle and the revs decrease (again between 1500-2000rpm) To me it was the engine tapping as it could be heard clearly when touching on the top end with a screwy.
    I took it to RS four ashes who had the car for about 4 weeks to run some pretty extensive tests. Turns out it was diagnosed as the flywheel and the noise is travelling through the block making it sound like engine. I have not changed mine yet but when I do if it rectifies the noise I will let you know. Also I have posted a video on meg sport of my noise. :smile:

2. Hi Guys,
    Exactly the same noise on my R26 60k on clock now. can only be heard when holding revs between 1500-2000rpm and after a blip of the throttle and the revs decrease (again between 1500-2000rpm) To me it was the engine tapping as it could be heard clearly when touching on the top end with a screwy.
    I took it to RS four ashes who had the car for about 4 weeks to run some pretty extensive tests. Turns out it was diagnosed as the flywheel and the noise is travelling through the block making it sound like engine. I have not changed mine yet but when I do if it rectifies the noise I will let you know. Also I have posted a video on meg sport of my noise. :smile: