225 random missfire cylinder 4 help plz

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by mjgoddo71, May 5, 2015.

1. Hi guys, ive had the flasing ecu light on low revs, so plugged into torque pro, which says its the random miss fire as in the title. As I replaced all injectors with new ones last summer due to the exhaust cough/plus new spark plugs. I assumed it was likely a coil, so brought an ngk one. This hasnt fixed the problem, so I swapped coils to see if the ngk one was the problem, but its not, I'd hoped the missfire would move to cylinder 3, and I'd need to buy a renault beru coil. Anyway, am I right in thinking cylinder 4 is closest to the cam/upper engine mount? Also has anyone found any other reasons this error occurs? I've thought about having one of the old injectors cleaned and swapping that in cylinder 4, but I'm also wondering if it could be sensor based?
    The cars a 05 trophy with 66k miles
    Cheers in advance
    Mark

2. I think cylinder 4 is the one closest to the cambelt.

I had something similar and it was an injector seal.

3. Thanks for that, I'll check the injector, I fitted them myself, so could be wrongly done

4. French engines are numbered back to front. Cylinder 1 is transmission end, cylinder 4 is the timing end you are correct!