Radio works but volume control from steering wheel and source button don't...

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by Kyle Marshall, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Hi, i jumped into my megane 250 this morning only to find the volume control from the stock behind the wheel does nothing along with the source button on the radio its self. The rest if the stereo system seems to be working fine (volume dial etc)..

any ideas?

thanks in advance

2. So nothing on the stalk works?

3. No, pressed all the buttons on the stock and none of them are doing anything. And like i say the source button and a few other ones on the actual radio dont seem to be doing anything either?

4. Disconnect the battery for 10 mins and reconnect see if it resets anything?

5. Okay i willdoo, might be a silly question but do i need the code for the radio if i disconnect the battery?

6. Okay so i tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery with still no joy...seems strange how its only some of the buttons that don't work..

7. As soon as i started the car the volume worked from the stock but Within 5 seconds it was back to not working again...

8. Its as if the radio etc works fine to begin with after the battery has been disconnected then reconnected but then 5/10 seconds later none of the buttons work..only the two dials