R26 water pump and cam belt change

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by megr26, May 6, 2015.

1. Hi. looking to have water pump and cam belt changed in the Preston area . the best place and price please . Thanks.

2. http://www.birchdown.com/

I wouldn't consider anywhere else to be honest. Brilliant couple of guys that will bend over backwards to help. Highly regarded here and on Cliosport.

They have been looking after my Renaults for years and still would be if I did have the 4+ servicing from Renault now.

When they did replace timing & auxiliary belt kits & water pump & coolant on my R26 it was £537.17 but this was over a year ago so the price may have changed now. Give them a call.

3. http://www.birchdown.com/

I wouldn't consider anywhere else to be honest. Brilliant couple of guys that will bend over backwards to help. Highly regarded here and on Cliosport.

They have been looking after my Renaults for years and still would be if I didn't have the 4+ servicing from Renault now.

When they did replace timing & auxiliary belt kits & water pump & coolant on my R26 it was £537.17 but this was over a year ago so the price may have changed now. Give them a call.

4. Edited for spelling but software went crazy. Mods please delete dupes.

5. Thanks for that , but I am looking for something a bit closer to home.

6. Birchdown i had mine done there and traveled from lancashire well worth the trip good price plus they know what they are doing unlike some garages

7. I know what you're saying, but honestly I wouldn't trust anybody else with these engines re timing belt.

That even extends to main dealers - I've had a car that the dealer didn't time correctly after the belt snapped under warranty. I've also been to court to get back money from a garage that couldn't change a belt. Birchdown sorted all these problems and more.

You're at Preston so only a hour down the M6.

8. SC Autoelectrics in Manchester. I've always taken my Renaultsports there and the owner Ste is a top guy. He'll have about 20 other Renaultsports in as well for you to have a look at. Plus there's a shopping centre 2 mins away to go to whilst you wait.

9. How much do SC Auto electrics charge then ?.

10. MicKPM

MicKPM RSM Trader RSM Trader

11. MicKPM

12. Thanks for the offer, butt that's to far for me. It is going to have to go in though, as the dam thing has started to make a whining noise on cold start up . I have changed the aux belt and tensioner , and checked the air con and alternator. They are all ok . So it must be something else. The noise increases and decreases with the engine speed , but it is noisier when cold than when warm..

13. MicKPM

Could potentially be the dampened crank pulley which needs checking/replacing at the same time if required. Could also be the water pump but until you get it to bits, you won't know for sure... defy better to be safe than sorry travelling though.

Mick

14. Mark Black is in Chesterfield and charges around £400.

You're better going to somewhere that has a proper reputation like Mark, Mick above etc, than just going somewhere because it's closer.

15. Not sure sorry. Give him a call though. 40 mins from Preston.

16. Yeh you're probably right. Will have a think , anyway thanks guys for the info.