R26 vs 225 Actual technical differences (swapping parts)

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by borat52, Feb 18, 2019.

1. I've managed to acquire a 5dr 225 with a forged engine in very good order and a crashed R26 which isn't really economical to bring back although it has a good gearbox and the engine runs.

I want to make a 5dr "R26" from the two cars.
    Both are 2007 year of manufacture.

My question is apart from the LSD what exactly would I need to swap over?
    At the moment my list is:
    - Recaro's
    - shock absorbers (I'll just renew them as the R26 has 100k on the clock)
    - gearbox

I've read that the brake calipers are the same, just that the R26 are red colour and that the master cylinder is larger on the R26.
    I've also read that the steering is different on the R26 but that the rack is the same so what exactly is the difference with the steering?
    The traction control is very invasive on the 225, no doubt not helped by the fact it has no LSD. Apparently the R26 TC can be turned off entirely - is the TC itself different or is is just its ability to be turned off that differentiates it? Is there a way of adding this functionality to a 225?

2. Differences off the top of my head:
    Rear axle (inc calipers)
    Front ARB
    Spring / damping rates

I don't think you can fit the Recaro's to a 5-door.

I can't help on the TC side but I suspect it's easier to make the R26 think it's a 5 door than vice versa.

3. Very useful, appreciate it. Are the ECU's interchangeable at all? Even if they need recoding?