R26 tuning - help

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Stonsey, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Hi, I'm new to the megane scene, I recently got rid of a 350bhp mk7 Golf R and purchased an R26, whilst I find the megane far superior in the corners it's lacking in the acceleration dept, I love the car so I'd rather push for more power than trade it in, just looking for advice on what I should be buying to see it around the 330hp mark.

I've been looking at forged pistons and rods, 630cc injectors, decat, 95mm airtec intercooler, lightweight flywheel & R26r clutch. I'm just not sure what turbo to go for? And what else would be required to get me where I want to be?

I basically want to buy everything I need, fit it then get it mapped rather than do it bit by bit then waste money getting it mapped at each stage.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

2. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

You will almost get that on a 250/265 turbo 320hp is about the limit, more than that you will need a hybrid turbo.
    Forged pistons and rods are very much required to make that sort of power and safely.
    Also would be good to get a 250 fuel rail, upgrade the fuel tank pressure relief valve, don't fit the 6230 injectors until you are at the mappers.
    95mm intercooler is not really required for that sort of power, the smaller one would be okay.