R26 to Fiesta ST

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by 123HJMS, Feb 2, 2015.

1. I can compare a 250 to an ST as I've had both. The ST has a harder ride than a 250 CUP especially at lower speeds, and the 'torque vectoring' (braking the inside wheel) was slightly too intrusive for me, especially on track, and you can't turn it off! A 250 Cup with LSD works much better, and overall the better drivers car IMO. But the Fiesta is without doubt one of the best FWD hot hatches ever made, the 250 just another step ahead.

2. Unbelievably I've just had a to-do with a Fiesta ST on some twisties! It's almost like they were watching my comments on here and pounced on me on the road!

Driving along happy as larry, then bosh it pings up behind me and decides to tailgate.. so I (childishly) obliged. Cruicified it in the straight stuff, (swear I had about 800bhp, or it at least felt like it) but have to say I am massively impressed with that thing when it got bendy. At points I felt myself really pushing and was only pulling out around 3-5 car lengths from it. Then it would open up straight again and it was good bye... Then came my turning and that was that.

I will eat maybe one or two of my words, but ultimately it couldn't keep up with what I was doing and should probably have picked a fight with something else it could cope with:smile: Nippy car though!

3. Is yours mapped?

4. It's a shame that Ford didn't put as much effort into the looks as they did into the engineering side.

5. This 100%

No matter how good they are they look bloody awful, inside and out.

6. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

My brother is about to put a deposit down on one, Sprit Blue ST-2. Looking forward to having a decent drive on roads i know. Used to have a MK7 ZS but that was far from standard but always said it was a brilliant chassis, Just lacked power as per usual Ford offerings.

7. These are really proving to be awesome little cars, there was a handful on the last track day I did at Donington and they really do perform well!

Coupled with the fact there's some awesome finance and lease deals out there and there a dam site cheaper then competitors I think we'll see a lot of them!

8. yep. that would explain the straight line destruction

definitely would've been a lot closer stock

9. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

I really like the ST, I'd have one if they were more powerful out the box.

10. +1. They are hanging to look at. Weirdly lofty looking. Compared to a 200 cup they look dainty

11. Agree they need more of a stance and look boring. Theres just too many about with mainly young lads driving, i hardly see a 265.

12. Another one go agree with that comment here!

Not that i dislike the way they look but they just don't look that special. I like subtle but they virtually look the same as a well spec'd non sporty model.

Guess the same could be said of most of the ST models though. Chap I know bought a 2007 ST new and recall pulling up behind a car thinking it was him, only as I got closer I realised it was a diesel with very similar wheels and some extra trim.

13. I think the reason there so popular is that there's so many low rate finance and lease deals on these making it easier for the young lads to get there hands on them, that a the fact there a few grand cheaper then say the clio 200t which is a competitor

Hear what your saying there, only reason they stand out is the fact most of them are that purple colour

14. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

They are what the 200T should of been. Not that the MK4 Clio RS is a bad car, They are actually pretty good, People really out to try them before slating them. It was just released at a tough time TBH

15. The biggest problem with the 200T compared to the ST is the price difference and the gearbox. Fix both of these and I'm sure it would be a different story.

16. They also have a colour option that looks very similar to Inferno. Chap in DetailingWorld had one and it's a great colour, really stands out.

17. I've gone for the 'purple' colour :smile: looks amazing when clean